Jumua’h’s Khatib is Imam Wali Shaheed
o The Masjid’s observance of the Night of Power is scheduled for Saturday 25th
o Zakat ul Fitr has been set at $10 per person in your household
o Eid Activity fees are $25 per person; $50 for a family of 4 (children must be under 18 years old).
There is an opportunity to serve your community: Community Affairs Committee positions are open and available immediately. Chair and Co-Chair positions are OPEN NOW!!!
- The Annual Sister’s Ramadan Session is this weekend! Registration costs are:
- ADULTS = $75(AGES 18-64);SENIORS = $55(AGES 65+);YOUTH = $35 (AGES 13-17)
- Join the community for Ramadan potluck iftars nightly. Bring healthy, halal dishes!
May 10th Imam Wali Shaheed
May 17th Imam Saleem Madyun
May 24th Imam Yusuf Bayraq
May 31st Imam Rashad Sharif
100 at $50 Program
Masjid Al-Mu’minun is participating to support existing Clara Muhammad schools. We are trying to get 100 entities (people or organizations) to donate 50 per month towards the program which will benefit a different school each month. We are asking that members donate whatever they can towards this effort, payable in the treasurer’s office.
Halal Food Pantry & Clothes Distribution
Always the last Saturday in the month. The next distribution is Saturday March 30, 2019 from 12 noon~3 p.m. Schedule to share some time and blessings with others by volunteering.
Zakat is obligatory on the believers! Get books, CD’s/DVD’s in Treasury Office.
Please make du’a for all our sick or incapacitated Brothers and Sisters. Remember our sick with a call, du’a, Muslim Journal, or a visit! Prayers are asked for all of Creation!
Please keep in your prayers:
- Sis Tauheedah Madyun
- Mr. Floyd Holmes (Brother of Imam Muhammad Ameen)
- Ms. Johnnie Dotson (Sister of Sister Rosie Muhammad)
- Rashada Family, who recently lost their loved one- Ms. Mattie Powell
o The funeral arrangements for Ms. Mattie Powell (Rashadas grandmother/Raghib’s mother) are as follows:
Saturday, May 11, 2019; 12 Noon
Mt. Sinai MB Church; 1667 Lauderdale
Visitation is from 10-12 Noon on Saturday
Burial will be on Monday
- There is an opportunity to serve your community: positions for Community Affairs Committee are open and available.
- Ummah 901 is beginning its 11th year Muslim Basketball League of Memphis at St. Luke’s United Methodist
- Season dates: February 24th – May 19th. Registration Dates: Early Registration: $70.00 per player January 28th, 2019 – February 17th, 2019
Please submit any requests for the Community Affairs Calendar to Community Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP, when interested in securing an event date. Dates will be updated into the monthly calendar and posted to inform and to avoid conflict. Sunday Ta’leem starts at 1:15 p.m
Please remember to support our vendors inside and outside on the lot.
- There is an opportunity to serve your community: Community Affairs Committee positions are open and available immediately. Chair and Co-Chair positions are OPEN NOW!!!
Please submit any requests for the Community Affairs Calendar to Community Affairs (email@example.com) ASAP, when interested in securing an event date. Dates will be updated into the monthly calendar and posted to inform and to avoid conflict.
Sunday Ta’leem starts at 1:15 p.m.
Announcements are posted on the bulletin board
Please send all announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday of each week before 5:00p.m. to be included in the weekly announcements. Please note every effort is always made to make sure the essential information is covered. However, mistakes/omissions do occur. We ask for your patience and understanding as we strive to fulfill our duties to keep you informed.
Deadline for weekly announcements: Wednesday by 5:00 pm
Remember to visit the Masjid website and Facebook page
Community Affairs Coordinating Committee
Committee Members: All Members of Masjid Al-Mu’minun